If you ever played Skyrim (any edition), you might know the Greybeard’s Robes. Those are (in my opinion) the most epic looking piece of clothing in Skyrim and unfortunately there’s a big problem with them: You can’t have them (usually).
If you just want to wear them, easy thing.
Just open the console and use
player.equipitem with the following ids:
The problem with this is: You can’t see the items in your inventory and the NPCs will think you are running around naked.
This is happening because the clothes in the game data are missing the tags that make the AI aware that you are wearing something and make the items show up in your inventory.
To solve this, you have to create your very own Skyrim mod. You only need to have Skyrim purchased for this to work since the game editor (“CreationKit”) will access the game files you have already installed.
Here’s how to do install the Skyrim CreationKit:
- Go to the Bethesda website and download their launcher
- Install the Skyrim Creation Kit after logging in
- Open the Creation Kit and load the
- Navigate to
Armor>GrayBeardsin the tree view on the left side of the catalog window
- Right-click on each item (Hood, Boots and the Robe) and select Edit: 5.1. Change the ItemID (!!!) 5.2. Save the Item. You’ll be asked if you want to create a new form, select yes! 5.3. If you don’t create a new form, the original object will be modified which will break the game.
- You’ll now have three new items with your own ids in the section. Edit each of them:
6.1. Set the
checked6.2. For the robe, right-click inside the
Addand add the keyword
Saveand save the mod file in your
steamapps/common/Skyrim Special Edition/Datafolder.
- Launch Skyrim, in the main menu go to
Tto open the load order and activate your mod.
- Congrats, you can now search for your items by opening the console and running
help "<name>". 9.1. If you need to scroll in the console, use
If you don’t want to do this because you’re lazy or something, take the file I created. The stuff is called “Lia’s [Robes, Hood, Boots]”. Just type help Lia into the console and scroll up a bit.